Burrator Horseshoe Run
Saturday 17th June 2017, Start at 2:30 pm
The Burrator Horseshoe Run is a 7 mile moorland run from Meavy and out over Dartmoor, via Burrator Reservoir, Sheepstor Dam, Sheepstor Summit (369m), Guttor Tor Summit (357m), Ringmoor Down and Meavy River Ford. (See map below or find grid ref. SX540672 on your OS map.)
The Burrator Horseshoe is a scenic, challenging moorland run, starting and finishing at Meavy Village Green. It is a part of the Meavy Oak Fair, a traditional village green fair held annually.
The fair opens at 2 pm with a children's pageant, just half an hour before the start of the race. There will be much to entertain runners after the race and the Royal Oak Inn is open all day!
For enquiries and further information about the Burrator Horseshoe Run email . (Do not use this email for entries, see below for How to Enter.)
- Best Times for the course: Mark Croasdale 37m 47s, Jo Meek 45m 45s NEW RECORD 2011
- Winning times for Run 2016: Arran Tocknell 41m 00s, Liz Tapper 55m 30s
- Souvenir printed T shirt to all runners
- The Run will be limited to a maximum of 200 competitors
- Race Organiser is Nigel Jenkins (ZIPPY DH3)
- Positions and Times for Burrator Horseshoe Run 2016
How to enter
- By submitting the Entry Form with entry fee.
- Entry fee is £10. (£15 on the day)
- Deadline for entry will be Saturday 10th June.
- Entry on the day may be accepted but is discouraged and the fee for entry on the day is £15. There is no guarantee of T shirts for entries made after 10th June. Sorry, entries not accepted by email or telephone.
- Minimum age limit for this event is 14 years.
Burrator Horseshoe Run shown in green